The Moscow subway is one of the main types of urban passenger transport. The subway stations are open for entry and transfer from one line to another every day from 6 am to 1 am.
For better navigation, we recommend using the Yandex.Metro mobile application. The scheme is available both in Russian and English.
Please, visit the Moscow subway Web site to get some official information on the Moscow subway work.
The Moscow public ground transport includes buses, electrobuses and trams. You can purchase tickets both from a driver (cash only) and at a ticket office at a bus stop (not available at all stops). Travel cardsboth for ground transport and subway are also sold at the subway ticket offices.
Bus stops are marked with the “A”, while tram stops are marked with “Tr”.
For better navigation around the city, we recommend using the Yandex.Maps mobile application. The application enables you to plan routes using different types of transport.
We strongly recommend using only official taxi services. Unofficial taxicabs that offer their services at a lower cost can be unsafe. We offer the following applications to call for a taxi:
To avoid high roaming charges, it’s recommended to purchase a SIM card from the leading telecom operators in Russia. Check out the operators’ tariffs and select the most suitable ones:
You can purchase a SIM-card in branded retail stores of telecom dealers or any mobile shop.
In case of emergency situations, please, call the common emergency number 112:
- The number works throughout the territory of the Russian Federation;
- It’s available for mobile calls even if you don’t have a SIM card;
- All operators speak English.
General tips and recommendations:
- Always carry an ID document, migration card, VHI policy, arrival notification and the student ID card;
- Keep your documents and valuable objects safe;
- Make and keep copies of all documents;
- Be ready for documents examination and security check procedures made by law enforcement officers;
- Use only reliable taxi services;
- Keep useful contacts: Department of Visa and Migration Support of Foreign Students and Additional Education, your embassy and insurance company;
- Check with your insurance company, where and how you can get medical assistance;
- Try to take only those foods and drinks that you feel certain about. Take with caution unfamiliar foods and drinks, especially those given as a treat;
- Don’t drink tap water;
- Remember about the Russian climate. Dress according to the weather.
Moscow is famous for a huge number of cultural heritage sites includingmore than 400 museums, about a thousand monuments, 130 theaters and dozens of concert halls.
We recommend visiting the following Web resources to get acquainted with the main places of interest in Moscow and learn about the events that are going to be held in the city:
Learn more about Moscow music museums
MUSIC CLASSROOMS AND PRACTICE ROOMS
If you want to rent a classroom to have some practice, you can find some music classrooms in Moscow. This is a fee-based service.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE MUSIC SHEETS AND EXPENDABLE MATERIALS FOR STUDENTS?
Musicians can purchase music sheets and expendable materials for their instruments both offline and online in Moscow.
July music shop
Scroll violin house
WHERE CAN I REPAIR MY INSTRUMENT?
To repair your musical instrument, you may contact your professor. Professors of the Academy provide their students with contact details of reliable masters.