Mission of the Academy:
to preserve and enhance the traditions of Russian system of music education, aimed at development of cultural elite of society in accordance with modern domestic and international requirements to the quality of education.
Goals and objectives of the Academy:
- gaining competitive advantages among Russian and foreign institutions of higher education, training professional music performers, musicians, choirmasters, conductors, leaders of musical groups and music teachers;
- aligning professional requirements to students and teaching staff with world quality standards;
- considering the requirements of the labor market in educational programmes upgrades;
- developing simultaneously educational, creative and scientific aspects of educational process involving teachers and students;
- enhancing students’ abilities to represent diverse national musical traditions in Russia and abroad;
- cultivating patriotic, spiritual and moral values of students;
- revival, preservation, promotion of folk music traditions of the peoples of Russia and their stage impersonation;
- intensifying academic mobility among teachers and students of Academy;
- strengthening partnership ties with arts-related organizations, funds, employers and higher education institutions of Russia and foreign countries.